Friday, October 19, 2012

Spotlight

I don't watch TV or go to the movies often. But when I watch them, I fall into them, even lose myself sometimes.

My favorite actor as a kid was Harrison Ford. I think it's because I loved Indiana Jones.

As an adolescent, I favored Denzel Washington. I didn't see a whole lot of his movies. But I could never get over how he could create entire characters, whole personas, out of mere subtleties. He owned those subtleties, as if he had grown into them over a lifetime of habit.

My favorite actor of this generation might be James Franco. I only have a limited palette to work with, since I only watch movies and TV so much. But the man just seems so versatile as an actor. I love that I can't pin him down in his characters.

I'd like to see how he grows into the rest of his career.