Friday, September 21, 2012

Still Stands

Things I believed when I wrote these posts that still stand now:


Stuff is low on my list of priorities. So is other people's business.

Context matters.
 
Comfy bars are great for reading.

Subtleties are telling, manipulative, admirable, and seductive all at the same time.

Unplanned exposure to the unfamiliar gives me odd comfort.

To fit a ton of context into a few simple universal words is a gift that very few possess.

Engaging, inclusive, thoughtful, searching, substantive, organic, involved, dedicated, transparent, quality, reporting, narrative journalism holds my interest far more easily than much of "reality" TV.

I love exploring cities, towns, etc. at a measured pace.

I'm not that kind of guy.

Music makes me feel something.

People are more complex than statistics. We'll always know less than everything.

There's a huge gap between what we are taught about Black history and it's actual influence.

I still don't understand why universal healthcare is considered less important than war.

Sanaa is woman.