Monday, March 1, 2010

Rethinking History


Black History Month passed without much fanfare around these parts.  I've yet to decide whether I should feel guilty.  Like Mother's Day or Valentine's Day, I've always seen it as a 24/7 agenda, not something to be lost and found one month per year.  But truth be told, today's a good day as any to ground, expand, and explore knowledge of self .  The links I did find weren't the most encouraging,  but they do trigger thought.  I imagine it's the reason February was put on reserve in the first place.


Art of Discomfort [Intelligent Life]

The Mysterious Inspiration of Lead Belly [BigThink]

Black History Month [Aliya S. King]

Mexico's Hidden Blacks [Intelligent Life]

Beg, Borrow, Or Steal: 7 Things Black Folks Might Lose If We're Not Careful [Very Smart Brothas]