Friday, April 28, 2017

Feeling Less Stupid-Ish

I've actually made it through most of linear algebra. I only have the final exam left and it looks like a decent grade overall is possible. Conceptually, it's been the hardest class for me. So I'm proud of myself for making it this far.

I get the impression that it can literally take me a few hours to get through and understand the same number of problems that would take my most of classmates 15 or 20 minutes. Which is OK, so long as I'm not holding back other students while in class. And it seems that by test time I catch  up enough to do OK on exams (well, sometimes anyway).

Still, being able to do the problems is one thing. It's not grasping the concepts quickly that makes me relatively slower. I think after the class is done I'm going to go over the text on my own until I really get the material down pact. I want to get a sense for this intuitively.

I might eventually even try a proof or two.